mercredi 9 décembre 2015

New cable design

A few weeks ago, I made a mood board for new cables design. I found a lot of inspiration looking at architecture pictures, especially in the geometry of sovietic architecture and by taking the word "cable" in its litteral meaning.

Follow Solène Knits's board November Mood Board on Pinterest.

I chose some Studio Donegal Aran Tweed yarn that my sister brought me back from Dublin and started playing a bit with cables, having these architectural forms in mind. And here is a sneak peek of a first gauge swatch ! My design changed a bit while I was knitting so it won't actually look like that but I now have a straight idea for a hat and maybe a matching cowl, who knows ? Will knit and see !


Il y a quelques semaines, j'ai fait une mood board pour de nouveau modèles à torsades. J'ai trouvé beaucoup d'inspiration en regardant des photos d'architectures, en particulier dans la géométrie de l'architecture soviétique et en prenant le mot "cable" (torsade en anglais) dans son sens littéral.

J'ai choisi une pelote de Studio Donegal Aran Tweed que ma soeur m'a ramenée de Dublin et j'ai commencé à m'amuser avec les torsades, tout en gardant ces formes architecturales à l'esprit. Et voilà un petit aperçu d'un premier échantillon ! Mon dessin a un peu changé pendant que je tricotait donc ça ne ressemblera pas exactement à ça au final, mais j'ai maintenant une idée précise pour un bonnet, et peut-être un col assorti, qui sait ? Tricoterai et verrai !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire